DDA Building Audits
Data Discrimination Act
The full weight of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA) came into effect in October 2004, and all businesses and public buildings now have to comply or have a reasonable action plan for compliance.
An access audit by an experienced CADmeleon auditor will ensure you do not spend money doing the wrong things or doing the right things to the wrong specifications, which could end up saving money in the long run.
Why do an Audit?
• To check your current level of compliance with the standards.
• To identify how your building's accessibility can be improved and any factors that limit the extent to which this is possible.
• To create a plan for ongoing improvements that links in with your planned maintenance activities.
• To support an application for National Lottery funding.
What does a DDA Buildings Audit include?
The audit is an assessment of a wide range of access features including the following.
• Car parking
• Internal and external doors
• Horizontal circulation
• Vertical circulation
• Toilet and washroom facilities
• Alarms and security systems
Following the audit we will prepare a written report in which the issues are detailed and prioritised.
Client Specific Accessibility Seminars
We will be happy to arrange client specific seminars for staff and management to raise awareness of general accessibility issues and particularly those that the audit has highlighted as being in need of attention.
Unique Benchmarking Software
Benchmark, forecast, model and manage towards Green Deal F & G rating requirements. Carbon Estates benchmarks efficiency across your entire estate, a complete overview. Read more here